My Road to Perdition

Dear Diary,

Today, I sit here at the hostel lounge waiting for check in time, which will not happen for another one and half hour.  Until then, its quite nice to sit in a couch again daydreaming, doing nothing and generally being unproductive.  The fast pace of life in the hospitality industry, excacerbated by an expensive Sydney lifestyle, has trained me to live like a horse, just running without looking backwards or sideways, just forward without you knowing if your horseman (life) is leading you to a triumphant march into a conquered city or a suicidal cavalry charge against a larger army.  Now that my horseman is on break, I can take off those wretched horse eye patches and reflect on what I need to do.  But then, you realize how dreadful the past few weeks have been and the coming more weeks with those cavalry charges without knowing where your horseman will lead you.  Is Sydney the beginning of my march to greatness or rather my road to perdition?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advance Fair Australia

The Island of Reality